Lifestyles of the Ideal Work Experience
My definition of success is to live your life in a way that causes you to feel a ton of pleasure and very little pain—and because of your lifestyle, have the people around you feel a lot more pleasure than they do pain.
Where do you want to live When you are living your ideal work experience?
What type of view do you want to have?
What are the spaces you'll relax and unwind?
What are the spaces you'll entertain in?
Where will you go to rest and for peace?
What does your dream home express about you?
Where will you go to kick back and replenish?
Where will you be inspired?
WHAT PLACES WILL YOU TRAVEL AND EXPLORE?
What does your home office look and feel like?
Dreams Turning to Reality
Defining aspects of your daily life when you're living your ideal work experience is an important part of building your new story. When you take the time to invent, discover and record the details and specifics of what you want to include, you move your dream one step closer to reality.
Both of these Plays help you do further defining of your new story. By using a dream home, vacation spot, activity or wherever/whatever you want to experience your ideal work lifestyle, you are able to get to know this experience more dimensionally by describing how you will enjoy these day-to-day experiences and spaces.
Ideal Lifestyle Play
- Draw a picture of your lifestyle that accompanies your ideal work experience, whether it's a space or activity.
- Include yourself and others, such as coworkers, business vendors, customers, or your family/partner in your ideal work lifestyle drawing.
- When your drawing is complete, write a story that takes us through a typical day with you enjoying your ideal work lifestyle with these people or engaging in work activities, or even non-work activities. Feel free to use those as inspiration for writing your story.
The Five Senses Play
- Once comfortable, close your eyes and visualize your special space or an activity. When you have mentally centered on the scene, observe and immerse yourself in it using one of your five senses. Note how each sense conjures different emotions and responses. Include interaction with others in each visualization to emphasize the sensory experience.
- Do each visualization separately for sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch.
- After each sensory visualization, write a short paragraph about the observations you made while visualizing as well as the overall experience. Note how you feel about your ideal work and what you're learning more aspects of what it brings to your life as a result of deepening the detail of your lifestyle and surroundings while enjoying your ideal work experience.