What are You looking forward to?
Change your thoughts and you change your world.
—Norman Vincent Peale
It's a Done Deal.
How would you feel if you knew for certain that your ideal work was not only a reality, but a guarantee that you were going to get that opportunity next? Thursday at 12:43 PM at a networking luncheon your friend Jonathan invited you to where you'll meet someone who is looking for help expanding their business? Would you be excited? Relieved? Expectant? Prepared? Nervous? Worried? Doubtful? Take a second to check in with yourself. If what you come up with surprises you, take a moment to write about it.
Knowing Your Path vs. Discovering Your Path
The journey to what you want includes every breath you've taken since birth. Knowing that even the most seemingly insignificant thought contributes to moving you closer to (or further away depending on the thought) your desire is a loving way to look at the path you walk to achieve all of your desired outcomes. Respect that all that you want is already on your path just waiting for you. Relax into knowing this and expect it. By appreciating every potential moment you'll experience between now and when you're in that ideal work experience will more effectively accelerate the attainment of that end result.
The key is to anticipate those moments, thoughts, events and inspirations along the way. By looking forward to how much you are going to enjoy the journey toward what you want, you'll start experiencing the happy, fulfilling, joyful feelings that you'll also experience once you're in that ideal work experience. And isn't that what you want? To feel better? To feel love, excitement, enthusiasm, anticipation? The journey is where the real joy exists because it exists in your ever-present now.
This Play is like forming mini-aspirations on the way to your big one. This is how you heighten the awareness of how joyful your journey can be as you travel to your ideal work experience. You relax your impatience of not achieving your ideal work yet because you are looking forward to the delicious experiences you'll have on the way to it.
Imagine the possible inspirations, events, people you’ll encounter, learnings, fun, breakthroughs and other things that you will experience along the way to that desired outcome. Examples include:
- Taking a class and meeting someone who later asks you to partner with them in an exciting project
- Having a mini-relationship/friendship with someone new who helps inspire you to be even clearer with the details of what you want in your ideal work
- Reading an inspirational book that seems to have savory clues that resonate and stir your excitement about your ideal work
- You have a dream of buying a new house in a desirable neighborhood with all of the things you want that come from the abundance you'll receive when doing your ideal work
Write out the scenes as mini stories and include why you're looking forward to every one as you journey along to starting and enjoying your ideal work. For example:
- "I'm looking forward to learning more about this new software that just came out so I can do three-dimensional designs and animations."
- "I feel inspired to clean out my den and turn it into my home office. To get a new desk and an ergonomic chair so I can have more privacy to work on my new business ideas."
- "I'm looking forward to joining the local real estate networking association and meeting other realtors so I can get more leads and find new ways to market my services after I get my brokers license."
Create storyboards and/or drawings and note the way you feel as you draw each one.