Prepare to Open Your Heart
What's the point in being serious all the time? —Ringo Starr
Are You Ready for the Ride of Your Life?
In this work you are clearing old, limiting thoughts and overwriting them with more positive, electrified thoughts that will prepare you for your ultimate relationship. But sometimes we can overlook somewhat obvious things in our lives that are working against us instead of for us. Being prepared for what you want is key not only in your thinking but also in your physical reality: your home, your body, your work, your family, and your social community.
What happens when You're not prepared
Racing champion Jeff Gordon teams up with Pepsi MAX to pull a prank on an unsuspecting automotive journalist who had questioned the authenticity of the original "Test Drive." In this hilarious commercial, you'll see what happens when you're not prepared: you miss out on enjoying the ride of your life with a racing legend millions would die to ride with. Enjoy!
Did you catch at the end where Jeff asks Travis if he wanted to go for another ride and Travis said yes? Because that impromptu (and scary-as-all-get-out) stunt drive prepared Travis. Suddenly he was connected with his deep desire to have the ride of his life, and did he ever!
Are you preparing for an average relationship? Are you preparing for the same-old experience? Or, are you preparing for something spectacular? Something that will completely blow your mind and make you feel as though you've been granted the biggest wish you could ever wish?
Luck has little to do with it.
Roman philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca said, "Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity." Although that is one position, another is to acknowledge that there is a greater force behind our lives bringing us together for the purpose of growth and expansion. Luck does favor the prepared, but calling it luck is merely an observation by those who aren't aware of all that you are doing to prepare for your ideal relationship.
The work that you are doing now in this Course is helping you prepare for those very opportunities. The chance encounters where you cross paths with your ideal partner and really notice them instead of blindly letting them walk by because you're too busy noticing that they're not with you yet. The gut feeling that makes you take a day off and go lounge in the park and you meet them walking their dog. Deciding to shop at a new store where you run into an old friend or make a new one who introduces you. Being prepared acts as a vibrational invitation that you're pulsating outward, letting the Universe know that you are finally ready for big love.
To help you get ready for all that awaits you, here is your next Perfect™ Mate Course Tuner: Anticipation. This Compass Tuner will help you amp up your mood and vibration so you're more eager and relaxed about all that's on your path, especially that wonderful, ideal relationship. Listen to this Tuner prior to doing today's Practice Play and get your engine revved up!
Getting Prepared Play
This Play will help you observe your way of being and your environment and help you notice if you're shouting to the Universe, "I'm not prepared for my truest love!" and make changes so you are prepared. It will help you objectively see what you may be doing unconsciously that is sabotaging your ability to attract your ideal relationship.
- For each topic, first make a list of what you observe. What are the conditions and characteristics of each topic? Try to view each objectively and without prejudice or criticism. Keep it in the context of "How is the Universe perceiving this?" and "What would my ideal partner think of this? Would they want to be part of this or would this make them run away?"
- After you've thought about and listed items for each topic, brainstorm a new list of things you can do to improve or shift the topic to one that opens the floodgates of the Universe and invites your truest love into your experience to share in all that you have to offer.
- For the final step, make a list of action items to make the changes based on whichever had the most emotional pull for you. Put those in your planner and do them.
- Your Thinking—This is mostly being handled by the work you are doing in this Course, however, you can still have a big hairy gorilla in your brain saying, "I'm not ready for my ideal relationship." If so, write about it (it is typically a fear-based thought) and then reframe it with positive, loving thoughts that help you create new beliefs around preparing to receive your ideal relationship. Turn that gorilla into a kitten. Meow.
- Your Body—Are you taking care of your body? Are you feeding yourself healthy foods that add to your energy and vibrancy? Is your skin glowing and bright from adequate hydration and care? Are you resting and giving your body rejuvenating retreats? Are you striking power poses (from lesson 8) and feeling like you could take on any challenge? Is your body able to meet the physical demands of the fun activities, travel and sports you'll be doing with your ideal partner?
- Your Appearance—We are visual beings. First impressions do matter. So when you encounter Mr. or Ms. Right, will they be knocked over by how you look or will they not even notice? Are you making yourself feel attractive by dressing in beautiful clothing that shows off your body? What about your grooming habits? (Hopefully we don't need to go into that here...ahem.) Are you putting the time into your appearance that boldly says to the Universe (and to your ideal), "I care about how I look and present myself to the world"?
- Your Finances—Nobody wants to come into a relationship and have the burden of financial pressures. Are you doing the things you need to do to be financially stable? Are you putting money away for the wonderful things you'll be doing with your ideal partner? Have you tapped professional resources to confirm that your financial outlook is a healthy one? Are your debts paid off or on their way to being paid? Are you stressed about your finances and worried about your financial future? Are you seeking your ideal to fix that problem for you? Are you in a place of desperation?
- Your Home—Is your home ready to receive your ideal partner? This is one of the most easily overlooked areas when preparing for your ideal relationship. Is your garage ready for another car? Is your closet able to receive your partner's clothes? Is your home tidy and free of old energy from past relationships (aka "baggage")? Do you have enough kitchen ware to prepare and enjoy wonderful meals with your ideal partner? (That includes a dining table with two chairs!) Is your bedroom inviting, sexy and seclusive? Is a closet, room or your whole place need a good spring cleaning?
- Your Availability—One of the biggest complaints people have is that they don't have enough time to do the things they want. And this is no more loudly stated than in the dating world: "I don't have enough time to date and try on people!" When you think about your work, your social and familial relationships, and the time you spend caring for those who depend on you, do you have time for your ideal relationship? Are you making time for you and your partner to spend together? To do things? Travel? Relax? Enjoy life together? Is your availability such that you can easily accommodate spending ample time with them when they finally arrive? Or are you too busy to enjoy your ultimate relationship once you've finally achieved it?
If you have trouble completing your action items, you may want to ask a fellow Course participant to be an accountability partner. This is someone that you can both agree to hold one another accountable for completing a task, and support each other in your objective. Head over to Facebook and post that you're looking for an accountability partner for this and any of the Practices throughout your Course and offer to do the same for others.