What Are You Looking Forward To?
Change your thoughts and you change your world.
—Norman Vincent Peale
It's a Done Deal.
How would you feel if you knew for certain that big money was not only a reality, but a guarantee that you were going to get that first big windfall next Thursday at 12:43 PM at a networking luncheon your friend Steve invited you to? Would you be excited? Relieved? Expectant? Prepared? Nervous? Worried? Doubtful? Take a second to check in with yourself. If what you come up with surprises you, take a moment to write about it in your journal.
Knowing Your Path vs. Discovering Your Path
The journey to what you want includes every breath you've taken since birth. Knowing that even the most seemingly insignificant thought contributes to moving you closer to (or further away depending on the thought) your desire is a loving way to look at the path you walk to achieve all of your desired outcomes. Respect that all that you want is already on your path just waiting for you. Relax into knowing this and expect it. By appreciating every potential moment you'll experience between now and when you're in the full expression of financial abundance will more effectively accelerate the attainment of that end result.
The key is to anticipate those moments, thoughts, events and inspirations along the way. By looking forward to how much you are going to enjoy the journey toward what you want, you'll start experiencing the happy, fulfilling, joyful feelings that you'll also experience once you're in that state. And isn't that what you want? To feel better? To feel relief, excitement, enthusiasm, anticipation? The journey is where the real joy exists because it exists in your ever-present now.
This Play is like forming mini-aspirations on the way to the big one. This is how you heighten the awareness of how joyful your journey can be as you travel to financial independence. You relax your impatience of not achieving your money goals because you are looking forward to the delicious experiences you'll have on the way.
Imagine the possible inspirations, events, people you’ll encounter, learnings, fun, breakthroughs and other things that you will experience along the way to that desired outcome. Examples include:
- Taking a class and meeting someone who later introduces you to an exciting business opportunity
- Having a mini-relationship/friendship with someone new who helps inspire you to be even clearer with the details of what you want in your financial picture
- Reading a wonderful book that seems to have savory clues that resonate and stir your excitement about getting more money
- You have a dream of buying a new house in a desirable neighborhood with all of the things you want
Write out the scenes as mini stories and include why you're looking forward to every one as you journey along to achieving financial abundance. For example:
- "I'm looking forward to feeling relief around all of my debts because I'll have paid everything off, including my mortgage."
- "I feel inspired to purge and give away things such as clothes, appliances, bikes and sporting goods that I no longer use so I can make room for new things that I will use and enjoy."
- "It's going to be great planning that dream vacation now that I have the time and finances to do so with my partner. We're going to have an amazing time planning it as well as enjoying it together."
Create storyboards and/or drawings and note the way you feel as you draw each one.