Prepare to Open Your Heart
What's the point in being serious all the time? —Ringo Starr
Are You Ready for the Ride of Your Life?
In this work you are clearing old, limiting thoughts and overwriting them with more positive, electrified thoughts that will prepare you for your ideal body. But sometimes we can overlook somewhat obvious things in our lives that are working against us instead of for us. Being prepared for what you want is key not only in your thinking but also in your physical reality: your home, your body, your work, your family, and your social community.
What happens when You're not prepared
Racing champion Jeff Gordon teams up with Pepsi MAX to pull a prank on an unsuspecting automotive journalist who had questioned the authenticity of the original "Test Drive." In this hilarious commercial, you'll see what happens when you're not prepared: you miss out on enjoying the ride of your life with a racing legend millions would die to ride with. Enjoy!
Did you catch at the end where Jeff asks Travis if he wanted to go for another ride and Travis said yes? Because that impromptu (and scary-as-all-get-out) stunt drive prepared Travis. Suddenly he was connected with his deep desire to have the ride of his life, and did he ever.
Are you preparing for an meh body? Are you preparing for the same-old experience? Or, are you preparing for a spectacular body that makes you feel amazing healthy and happier than ever?
Luck has little to do with it
Roman philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca said, "Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity." Although that is one position, another is to acknowledge that there is a greater force behind our lives bringing us together for the purpose of growth and expansion. Luck does favor the prepared, but calling it luck is merely an observation by those who aren't aware of all that you are doing to prepare for your ideal body.
The work that you are doing now in this Course is helping you prepare for those very opportunities. Being prepared acts as a vibrational invitation that you're pulsating outward, letting the Universe know that you are finally ready for an amazing body.
Getting Prepared Play
This Play will help you observe your way of being and your environment and help you notice if you're shouting to the Universe, "I'm not prepared for my best body!" and make changes so you are prepared. It will help you objectively see what you may be doing unconsciously that is sabotaging your ability to attract your ideal body.
- For each topic, first make a list of what you observe. What are the conditions and characteristics of each topic? Try to view each objectively and without prejudice or criticism. Keep it in the context of "How is the Universe perceiving this?"
- After you've thought about and listed items for each topic, brainstorm a new list of things you can do to improve or shift the topic to one that opens the floodgates of the Universe and invites your healthiest, most robust body into your experience.
- For the final step, make a list of action items to make the changes based on whichever had the most emotional pull for you. Put those in your planner and do them.
- Your Thinking—This is mostly being handled by the work you are doing in this Course, however, you can still have a big hairy gorilla in your brain saying, "I don't believe I can achieve my ideal body." If so, write about it (it is typically a fear-based thought) and then reframe it with positive, loving thoughts that help you create new beliefs around preparing to receive your ideal body. Turn that gorilla into a kitten. Meow.
- Your Appearance—We are visual beings. How we look and carry ourselves shifts when our bodies beautify. What are you doing to be more aware of how you're ideal body will look in lovely, comfortable and sexy clothes that show off your physique and glow? Are you making yourself feel attractive by dressing in clothing that shows off your ideal body? Are you putting the time into your appearance that boldly says to the Universe, "I care about how I look and present my beautiful body to the world"?
- Your Finances—Finances are a reflection of your inner thinking around money, and can be expressed through your outer expression of your physical condition. Are you doing the things you need to do to be financially stable? Are you putting money away for the wonderful things you'll be enjoying when you've achieved your ideal bodily condition? Have you tapped professional resources to confirm that your financial outlook is a healthy one? Are your debts paid off or on their way to being paid? Are you stressed about your finances and worried about your financial future? Are you seeking your ideal to fix that problem for you? Are you in a place of desperation?
- Your Home—Is your home clear and able to support what you're creating for your ideal body? Is your home tidy and free of old energy from past relationships or low, troublesome periods (aka "baggage")? Do you have enough kitchen ware to prepare and enjoy wonderful meals that nourish your ideal body? Is your bedroom inviting, sexy and seclusive? Is a closet, room or your whole place need a good spring cleaning? Do you have room for your new ideal body wardrobe?
- Your Availability—One of the biggest complaints people have is that they don't have enough time to do the things they want. When you think about your work, your social and familial relationships, and the time you spend caring for those who depend on you, do you have time to develop and care for your ideal body? Is your availability such that you can easily accommodate spending ample time with others enjoying your physicality together traveling, out having fun doing outdoor activities and exercising? Or are you too busy to enjoy your ultimate body once you've finally achieved it?
If you have trouble completing your action items, you may want to ask a fellow Course participant to be an accountability partner. This is someone that you can both agree to hold one another accountable for completing a task, and support each other in your objective. Head over to Facebook and post that you're looking for an accountability partner for this and any of the Practices throughout your Course and offer to do the same for others.